The 2017 Superior Man Triathlon is scheduled to take place on Sunday, August 27th 2017.
August 26th: Packet Pickup and Bike Drop Off
350 Harbor Drive, Duluth, MN
1:00 PM – Packet Pickup and Race Expo begins
1:00 PM – Bike Dropoff begins
4:00 PM – Optional Athlete Meeting (Highly recommended, no requirement this year to attend)
6:00 PM – Packet Pickup and Bike Dropoff ends
August 27th: Race Day
4:30 AM – Transition Area opens
5:45 AM – Wave One loads onto Vista Fleet (Waves will be assigned at packet pickup)
6:05 AM – Wave One departs aboard Vista Fleet
6:30 AM – Wave One race start (Long Course athletes)
6:30 AM – Transition Area closes
6:45 AM – Wave Two loads onto Vista Fleet
6:52 AM – Wave Two departs aboard Vista Fleet
7:10 AM – Wave Two race start (Long Course athletes with faster seed times)
7:30 AM – Wave Two, group one, (41.5 athletes start) 7:50 AM – Wave Two, group two, (41.5 athletes start with faster seed times)
11:00 AM – Finisher’s Celebration begins (Bayfront Park)
2:00 PM – Awards Ceremony (Bayfront Park)
4:00 PM – All gear must be out of Transition Area
Packet Pick up:
Athlete check in and packet pick-up will be open on Saturday, August 26th. Athletes will not be able to check in, pick up their packet, or drop off their bike on race day. No exceptions will be made to this rule.
Athletes are required to check in and pick up their own race packet. Family and friends will not be able to pick up athletes race packets. VIP+ athletes will have an expedited line for checking in.
Spectators and athletes are both allowed into the transition area on Saturday; however, once a bike has entered the transition area it will only be able to be taken out of the transition area by showing proof of a matching number. For security reasons, on Sunday only athletes are allowed inside certain areas of the transition.
All Athletes Must:
- Drop off their bike on Saturday, August 26th at the transition area during the bike drop off hours.
- Have a valid form of I.D.
- Transition area will open at 4:30am.
- Transition closes at 6:30am.
- Athletes will be allowed to bring any additional gear (bike shoes, run shoes, helmet, etc…) besides bikes into the transition area on race morning. Athletes are allowed to leave any and all of their gear in the locked and guarded transition zone on Saturday.
- Bike mechanics will be available in the transition area from 4:30am to 6:30am.
- Athletes will be given an assigned boat wave with their packet. The boarding area for the vista Fleet is about 100 yards from the transition area.
- Athletes will not be allowed to bring their bike out of the transition area on race morning.
- Athletes will not be able to warm up for the swim in the bay.
- Body marking will be available in the transition area starting at 5am. Body marking is available on Saturday, as well.
- Volunteers will be available to answer questions and offer assistance on race morning.